AC Book Blog's Reviews > The Paper Swan

The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar

The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar - 5 STARS !! LOVE !!!

I usually choose my books based off of the plot summary. However, this book’s plot summary was vague and it really doesn’t give you any clue on what the book is about. I was recommended this book by a friend and although hesitant, I decided to read it. I am so glad I read this book.

The Paper Swan is a love story in the midst of a drug trafficking world where danger, violence, and hate dominate. Skye and Estaban grow up together and share an intense bond as children. They are separated due to certain circumstances, but reconnect later in life. Their reconnection is complicated with lies, miscommunication, vengeance, and hate. However, within all this, there is an intense love between Skye and Estaban. Leylah Attar brings forth the quintessential question: can love conquer all?

“You can either choose love or you can choose hate, because where one lives, the other will die.”

This story is tragic and gritty but with a silver lining. There were moments where I had to put the book down because it was so intense and deeply sad. The Paper Swan spans many years allowing a really beautiful and well developed story to unfold.

I don’t want to give any spoilers, but there is no love triangle even though the plot summary may allude to that and most importantly, there is a HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paper Swan.

Finished Reading