Lynn's Reviews > The Cracked Spine

The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton

17552047

I was eager to read The Cracked Spine as it is the start of a new cozy series by Paige Shelton. I enjoy the author's other series. I imagine many readers have wondered what it would be like to start a new life in a new area doing a job that intrigues them. In the Cracked Spine, we can go on an armchair adventure with Delaney without leaving home.

After being downsized from her job in a Kansas museum, Delaney leaps at the opportunity of applying for a job at a book store in Edinburgh Scotland. She is hired and soon starts her new life in Edinburgh. The driving on the other side of the road seems to be the major change for her brain to get use to. She learns new words and tries new food.

She doesn't get time to adapt and settle into her new job as her employer's sister is murdered close to the time of her arrival. Delaney finds that many people are keeping secrets. She wants to find out who killed the sister and the reason for it. She puts herself in danger.

By the end of the book, Delaney has established quite a new extensive family who I look forward to reading about in upcoming books. Cozy mysteries that develop a strong family system, seem to become a strong series. I had not figured out who the murderer was until the author chose to expose the person. So if you want to travel to Scotland and go on an adventure with Delaney, this book will take you there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cracked Spine.

September 17, 2015 – Shelved
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 30, 2016 – Started Reading
April 4, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by janet boles (new)

janet boles Sounds like a fun read, thanks for the great review Lynn.

Lynn Thanks for your comment, Janet