Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥'s Reviews > Between the Devil and the Pacific Blue

Between the Devil and the Pacific Blue by Charlie Cochet

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, m-m-romance-own, death-own, ghost-own, sugary-sweet

I.Want.More

I was enthralled with this story from beginning to end. I read it straight through and forgot it was a novella. I wanted so much more. This had a noir feeling to it, but was set in a modern setting. I personally think Charlie’s writing skills have elevated. That is what it seems to me. I mean this was 60 pages of goodness. Imagine a full length novel. It had an American Horror Story feel towards it less gruesome more romance but still the tone of the story was set. I figured out things very early on, but I was giddy with joy that I’m actually getting a story about this topic. Franklin and James are awesome. James has this aura about him that screams old soul. He’s working at Pacific Blue Hotel for part-time work. He’s a veteran of the military and police force, but by the way he carried himself in the story you wouldn’t guess it. I loved the way Franklin spoke. He was a total gentleman. He was kind, and gallant something we do not see in most M/M guys lately. I truly did enjoy this mystery novella, and I hope Charlie continues on writing stories like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Devil and the Pacific Blue.

September 17, 2015 – Shelved
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: mystery-thriller
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: m-m-romance-own
October 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 22, 2015 – Started Reading
October 22, 2015 –
3.0% "This has American Horror Story Hotel written all over it!!!"
October 22, 2015 –
24.0% "Franklin is a damn ghost, and you can't tell me otherwise."
October 22, 2015 –
55.0% "Its like Murder House and Hotel mixed up into one."
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: death-own
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: ghost-own
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: sugary-sweet
October 23, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lala and now I can't wait for it:( I have this pre-ordered, I think.

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ Its a really good novella. I kinda figured everything out in the very beginning, but I enjoyed it.