Aimee (Getting Your Read On)'s Reviews > To Move the World

To Move the World by Regina Sirois

1934633

bookshelves: clean-romance, kindle-unlimited, historical-fiction

This was a beautifully written book. The words were so pretty. I fell in love with the writing first, I think. Then the story.

This story is gentle in nature. It follows the ebb and flow of life for Eve, a young woman coming into her own. The stage is set on a country sheep farm in the months before WWII brakes out.

I almost forgot that this was part of the Matchmaker series. More than half way through the book I realized that I hadn't seen Pearl (the matchmaker and common thread between all the books in this series). She eventually does appear, but it's also in a very soft and background sort of way.

My favorite quote is actually from a scene with Pearl and Eve.

"I think this: our hearts move just like the Earth- circling, circling. It is as hard to change their orbit as it is to move the world. Eventually, we must look up and see what it is we are circling."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Move the World.

September 17, 2015 – Shelved
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 16, 2016 – Started Reading
November 16, 2016 – Shelved as: clean-romance
November 16, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
November 16, 2016 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
November 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Julie Carpenter Oh I really loved the writing style of this book! That's what I fell in love with, what completely drew me into the story. Then that love grew to include the story and characters. I find that I'm still thinking about the writing style after having read this several weeks ago.

I've enjoyed this series and can't believe it's almost over...where has this year gone? But I'm sure these authors have more great things in store for us in the future!

Aimee (Getting Your Read On) I'm still thinking about this book too. :) I sure hope these authors are working on something equally spectacular for next year. This Matchmaker series was a fantastic idea.