Auntee's Reviews > With No Remorse

With No Remorse by Cindy Gerard

Jan 08, 2011

bookshelves: part-of-a-series, romantic-suspense, 2011_reads
Read from July 24 to 28, 2011

Eek! I just accidentally deleted my review! And just when I was finished, too. I think I want to cry....:(

Okay then, just my thoughts:

While not my favorite of the series, I certainly enjoyed it. Pretty hard to compete with my favorite, Whisper No Lies though.

I've always loved former Navy SEAL Luke (Doc Holliday) Colter. In this book he's got some doubts about his life and career and wondering if he still has his edge, which made his journey more emotional. And after what happened to him in the previous book (Risk No Secrets) I was glad to see he got his secret fantasy woman as his very own heroine. He deserved no less.

With the dusty fedora he wore, Luke reminded Val of Indiana Jones...
Photobucket
But I imagined him looking more like this...
Photobucket

The heroine--30-something Latina supermodel Valentina? I guess I liked her enough. I didn't feel as if I knew her as well as I would've liked, if that makes sense? I know she was trying to 'find herself' after dealing with her husband's betrayal, but I didn't like how she constantly put up walls in her relationship with Luke. Girlfriend, trust your judgment--Luke is a keeper, and what you have is worth fighting for. I did like how she came through in the end for him, and in the words of Johnny Duane Reed became "one kick-ass warrior woman".

Valentina...
Photobucket

Their love scenes? Hot. Their first time together, when Val said "Do things to me, Luke. Do things that will make us both forget everything going on outside this room." Muy caliente!

The non-bedroom relationship? I loved it. Everything seemed real and natural, and I especially liked getting inside the H/h heads and hearing what they thought. Luke was sweet, funny, and very endearing. Who wouldn't fall in love with him?

Favorite part of the book? When all the BOIs (and some of their wives) made a return appearance, of course! Love these guys, and their relationships with each other. Loved seeing them working together again to take down the bad guys, and loved how Val fit right in with the women (B.J. and Crystal).

My favorite passage in the book? When Val's in the limo, about to drive away, and Luke is watching her, knowing that this might be the last time he sees her since he's off to take down the bad guys...(view spoiler)
Awww...*big sigh*

So yeah, this is a no-brainer--this series is fan-tabulous, probably one of the best ongoing RS out there. There's not a bad book in the bunch, and each is filled with superb plotting, fast pacing, plenty of action, vivid characterizations, and hot, hot love scenes. If you like to read about alpha men who fall hard for their women, you have to try these books. Just realize they are not stand alones. The Black Ops series is a spin-off from Gerard's Bodyguards series, and it would be best to read that series first, or at the very least read #6 in that series (Into the Dark) before starting this series. I can't stress enough how consistently good these all are, and it makes me sad to realize that there's only one more book in this series--Joe Green's story (Last Man Standing) due early next year. 4 1/2 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With No Remorse.

07/24 page 99
26.0% "Off to a great start--love "Doc"!" 1 comment
07/27 page 360
100.0% "Very good."
07/23 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May Totally squealed when I saw this. Can. Not. Wait!!!

Auntee Me either! But July?:(

message 3: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May I know. :( lucky for me I always have a scary TBR pile.

Kathrynn I picked this up today (7-22-11) at Target. Yeah!

Auntee Dang--I should've checked Target. Walmart didn't have it.:(

~ Becs ~ Am about a third through it and loving every second.

Auntee Just started it and lovin' it!:)

Kathrynn I started it this morning. :-) Nice story. :-)

Auntee Took your advice, checked out Target--BINGO! I'm lovin' it so far.:)

Kathrynn Ah, excellent! I'm lovin' it, too! Heading to the pool now and I plan to a) get some sun b) read this book c) a nap perhaps. :-)

Auntee How's the temps there? Has it cooled off at all?

Kathrynn Nope. We still have to get through August (the hottest month of the year. Feeling better? You cooling off?

Auntee Either I'm getting used to it, or it's getting a tad cooler (around 88 today). It's just this humidity!
I need to cut the grass (badly) and it looks like it might be cool enough (85) on Tuesday for me to do it without collapsing!

Wendy Can't wait to read your review Auntee! I absolutely adored this book :)

Auntee Trying to get my thoughts (and pics) together.:)

Wendy Oh Auntee, can't wait. I do looove your pics :)

message 17: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Love your pics (Doc RAWR!) Whisper No Lies is my absolute fav in the series too, although I keep thinking Joe's book might come close to Johnny Reed level. We shall see...

All RS fans need to read this series! It's amazing from book 1 on.

Wendy Great review Auntee! Nice pics!

Auntee Thanks Jess and Wendy.:)

Yes, Joe seems very intense...should be a great book!

Hard to beat Johnny though...:)

message 20: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Oh Joe has his work cut out for him to beat out Johnny! Might not be possible, but I've had a soft spot for Joe since Feel the Heat. No one will ever be a bigger scene stealer than Johnny :)

message 21: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Awesome review, Auntee! I need to get back to this series. Great pics. Thanks for those, as I know you did them just for me. :)

Kathrynn I love it! Excellent pictures. Excellent.

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Great review, I haven't read this series yet...guess I should get started on it, huh?

Auntee Thanks Ladies!

LOL about the pics, Lisa Kay.;)

Yes Vicki, I agree--you should start this series--it's excellent!

message 25: by Mitzi (new) - added it

Mitzi Hot Damn...this series sounds great....gonna have to get it too. Love the pics!!!

Auntee Thanks Mitzi--it is--you won't be disappointed!

Baba  Hey Auntee, got news...We will definitely see more of Mike "Primetime" Brown. I left a message at Cindy's message board. And she confirmed it and added to "stay tuned". So, we'll see.

Auntee Great! I figured he would have to pop up again--she gave him a nice build up.:)

Auntee Thanks Mia.:)
This series is well worth a try!