Kristy's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

After reading (& loving Decide) I went into this book on edge, intrigued, & in anticipation... why you ask?? I was wondering what would happen between Decide & Decline, especially with the cliffhanger Michelle left us in. 'Decline' is book 1 in "Declan Reede: The Untold Story" but I highly advise you read 'Decide' first, it's based 4 years prior & gives you a more indepth background story into the lives of Declan & Alyssa.

Declan is on his second year on the V8 curcuit, his dreams are fulfilled, but a chance sighting of Alyssa, the girl in his past, setting emotions off within Declan starting his decline in his job. Another on-track accident, gets Declan sent to London & who do you think is allocated the seat next to him???

There was so many twists & turns within this story, Declan was living life in the fast lane, but things or events seem to catch up to you when you least expect, Declan's life is no different. I found Declan to be slightly all over the place, emotionally he didn't seem to be able to handle things or emotions well, his favourite word was f#$*, but I can understand his use of the word all throughout the book. There were situations within that required the word, believe me.

I started reading 'Decline' late last night, I was 77% in, it was 5am, I had tears running down my face & called it quites for the night. Those scenes, the RAW emotions just set me off, read it & you'll understand. I picked it up today & finished the first (well second) part of Declan's story, with a few more tears & a MAJOR cliffhanger at the end. I kept trying to turn the page to see if there was more..... I loved every second of this book & can't wait for the next book in "Declan Reede: The Untold Story"!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

September 16, 2015 – Shelved