Yahuhanan (יהוחנן) Yukia (雪亮)'s Reviews > A Sky of Spells

A Sky of Spells by Morgan Rice

1937551

bookshelves: fiction-fantasy

Recurring things from Book 1 to Book 9:
1. A confusing geography. I suggest keeping a map of the world.
2. Character name mix-ups.
3. Very important: perspective. How can a character know who's attacking who when they haven't met the commander? Please stick to one voice. We're in the head of a character that had no idea what's going on, and yet, he knew something he shouldn't have known. The storyteller and the character shouldn't be mixed together, it's too confusing.
4. Too many clichés. Seriously.
5. The same description, dialogue, thoughts in almost every book. The character was already established. We already know Thor finds it hard to speak whenever he wants to do something special. And the funny thing was, Gwen said it was the second time he saw Thor stammering when it was the third time already! Please don't copy and paste, or at least do not forget to re-write the scene, their words, it's too obvious it was a verbatim copy.

Don't get me wrong. The world, the characters, the story, it's all great, that's what saved it all, what kept me buying and reading. It's the writing and lack of an editor. I still gave a 4 out of 5 especially for this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Sky of Spells.

September 16, 2015 – Started Reading