Marie's Reviews > A Wife in Every Sense

A Wife in Every Sense by Joanne Walsh

Sep 16, 2015

Kate is Greek billionaire Aleksei's personal assistant whom has decided it is time to move on. She has been in love with him for a while and what she doesn't know is that he is just as attracted to her but since she was his employee he decides that being a woman hopping man-whore works out better. Kate is leaving to go on an extended travel vacation with her best friend and has no real plans for what she is going to do when she gets back. Prior to leaving two things happens: (1) Kate and Aleksei sleep together and (2) Kate receive a piece of jewelry from Aleksei before she leaves for her trip and after they have slept together. Jewelry is his signature blow off to women and Kate knows since she has had to order it on more than one occasion.

Let me say that although it is never really mentioned again I don't think that Aleksei ordered Kate's jewelry after they slept together. I have a feeling that he did this before as a simple gesture of wanting to give her something beautiful but the problem is that Kate has spent years brushing off his lovers and girlfriends. So Kate decides that she is going to forget Aleksei and move on, maybe even have a vacation fling. The pair end up on a Greek island at the same time although Kate had planned things so they weren't suppose to be there together. Kate gets mugged coming out of a pharmacy while Aleksei has to watch. Once he reaches her side and she if off to the hospital he is handed the package she was carrying which has a pregnancy test in it.

That's when Aleksei goes all alpha male and starts with his demands of marriage, support, and lets just say that he does NOT handle any of it well. There were plenty of the times in the book that I really wanted to slap him silly or worst. He simply doesn't handle things well and it all stems back to his childhood and something that happened. My biggest irritation was the way he handled his ex-girlfriend! He finally got rid of her and got her out of their lives for good but he so could have handled that one in a better way and maybe kept his WIFE in the loop. Kate however handles the situation the way any strong woman would and I must say that her encounter was a little more along the lines of what I would have done. I am pretty sure that had she not been pregnant she would have beat that chick down! All in all this was a really sweet read where you get frustrated enough and then Aleksei comes to his senses and turns out to be more than you had hoped for.

Thank you to Entangled Publishing LLC for providing me with an eARC via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review This review was first posted on Blushing Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wife in Every Sense.

Started Reading