Zoeytron's Reviews > Did You Ever Have a Family

Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg

bookshelves: public-library

'To be given a glimpse now was a bitter miracle, a ghostly caress that left more regret than solace.'

One minute you have a family, and the next you do not. It's too awful to even contemplate. In the aftermath, you are left to make some sort of peace with mistakes made, things taken for granted, words left unsaid. So much rides on seemingly unimportant decisions made each day, yet the result of just one of them can impact the rest of your life.

As always, human nature's fascination with placing blame borders on obsession. Wasting time wishing that things are different from what they are, and how much things change when looked at with older eyes.

Thought provoking, the story is weighing heavily on me, even finished. Glad I read it, but very ready to go on to something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Did You Ever Have a Family.

September 15, 2015 – Shelved
September 15, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 23, 2015 – Started Reading
December 25, 2015 – Shelved as: public-library
December 25, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Ron (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ron Wonderfully written Zoeytron!

Zoeytron Ron wrote: "Wonderfully written Zoeytron!"

Much appreciated, Ron!

message 3: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I appreciate your thoughtful perspective on this one, ZT.

Zoeytron Christine wrote: "I appreciate your thoughtful perspective on this one, ZT."

Thank you, Christine.

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!!!

Zoeytron Deanna wrote: "Excellent review!!!"

Thanks, Deanna!

Carol Very nice Zoeytron!

Zoeytron Carol wrote: "Very nice Zoeytron!"

Thank you, Carol. Your review made some very good points, I enjoyed it.

Paula Kalin Terrific review, Zoey. Loofing forward to reading this one.

Zoeytron Paula wrote: "Terrific review, Zoey. Loofing forward to reading this one."

Thank you, Paula. And I will look forward to hearing what you think of it.