Amber's Reviews > Her Unexpected Detour

Her Unexpected Detour by Kyra Jacobs

bookshelves: net-galley, kindle

Loved this one! It was so sweet and emotional. It was a lot of fun to read and I had a really hard time putting it down.
Kayla is having a really bad day when she runs into Brent. Literally. And her day just keeps getting worse. Brent rescues her from a situation with her car and the two of them butt heads yet still find themselves completely drawn to one another.
Both have shut themselves off from love. Having bad experiences in the past and not wanting to be hurt again they don't want relationships. But they cant stay away from each other.
I really like Kayla. She's sweet and very naïve at times but she has a feisty side. Which Brent tends to bring out of her. And Brent, you cant help but fall for him and want to knock down all of the walls he built up. He comes off as a bear. All growly and gruff, but he has this very sweet and playful side. The two of them have amazing chemistry. Even when they are fighting.
The secondary characters in this were well written too and makes me excited and hopeful for more stories featuring them.
This was just an all around very sweet romance that was a lot of fun. I hope to read more from this author very soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Unexpected Detour.

September 14, 2015 – Started Reading