Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Never Bite a Boy on the First Date

Never Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara Summers

bookshelves: ya-paranormal-supernatural, vampire

I've had this book on my bookshelf for several years. A few weeks ago I pulled it out and decided to move it to my current TBR pile. And you know what? It was the perfect book to read right now. I've been feeling a bit restless-minded this month, so this short and lighthearted story was ideal. :)

Kira's family has recently moved to Massachussetts. She has a best friend, attends high school, and has a bit of a sun allergy. Oh yeah, did I mention that Kira's a vampire? And that her family aren't really her real family? But they're not too bad, since they supply blood, rides to school, and establish rules.

So when a kid is murdered at school and has two bites, they all assume Kira's responsible. Since she accidentally turned someone into a vamp, everyone blames her for everything.

That's when she decides to solve this murder mystery...

LOL. This was SO cute! I liked Kira's easygoing voice. I enjoyed the straightforward vampire worldbuilding. And most of all I liked the fun factor!

This turned out to be a fast, fun and flirty story that hooked me in. It was funny to see Kira caught between three very different but cute guys--Milo, Daniel & Rowan--who all somehow tie back to her in unexpected, but shocking and cool, ways.

I miss vampires, and this certainly satisfied my never-ending thirst for them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Bite a Boy on the First Date.

January 7, 2011 – Shelved
December 13, 2017 – Started Reading
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: ya-paranormal-supernatural
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: vampire
December 13, 2017 –
page 116
40.28% "I've had this on my bookshelf for ages & I miss vampires, so... I thought I'd check this out. So far it's cute & fun, with a bit of murder mystery thrown in."
December 14, 2017 –
page 147
51.04% "The three possible suspects are cute guys! Which one is the psycho? O.o"
December 14, 2017 –
page 288
100.0% "So fun & flirty!"
December 15, 2017 – Finished Reading