AnnMarie 's Reviews > Nuts

Nuts by Alice Clayton

My 5 Star "He Licked My Spine" Review

Because who writes things like that???

This was my first adventure in to the world of Alice Clayton and I loved it!!

The story was funny, witty, had a terrific flow, and the characters charmed the panties off of me!!

Roxie is a private chef to the wealthy in Los Angeles. After a one little mishap, she loses her position and most of her clients, causing her to reevaluate her new life.

Roxie's mother calls to convince her to come home and run the family diner in their little town after winning a spot on a reality show. Roxie naturally balks. Going home, a place she left as soon as she graduated high school is the last thing she wants to do. She also has a very complicated relationship with her mother. She loves her, but also drives her batty with her very freewheeling spirit.

Leo is just luscious! He'a true blue farmer. He has come back home to take over the family farm after being away for a long time as well. Leo is very content but has a past and a secret.

Roxie and Leo's chemistry is immediate and palpable, though it takes them time to get together. When they do, there are rules. Roxie doesn't believe in love and doesn't want commitment. Leo is a bit surprised, but goes along with it.

And you know that no strings never works, there are always strings.

I loved the bantering between Roxie and Leo. It was spirited and fun.

I also wanted to shake the shimmy out of Roxy and tell her to open her eyes!!

Nuts was truly a tell me a story kind of story filled with fun, laughter, emotions, hopes,and dreams for something more.

The story was not without some drama. The secrets, the fear of being hurt, and the stress of trying to keep everything all together leads these two down a very unexpected path. And it was a path I was rooting for both of them to embrace.

But...Alice Clayton did an amazing job of reeling everything back in without the story going over the proverbial angst cliff.

“Love is messy, painful and emotionally draining. It hardly seems worth it.”

Oh Roxie you foolish girl. All your crazy rules just fizzled in to a puff of smoke didn't they?

And I am so glad they did!!!

Nuts was definitely one of my favorite reads of 2015.

description

Alice Clayton gave a whole new "vision" to my childhood memories of "Almanzo Wilder"!!

“You sure about this, Sugar Snap?”…
“I’m all in, Farmer Boy.”

Stop by Books and Fandom for my Release Day Celebration with an excerpt and a giveaway of the Nuts paperback!! (Giveaway open 10/20 - 10/25)

ARC provided by publisher with thanks in exchange for a fair review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nuts.

September 14, 2015 – Started Reading
September 14, 2015 – Shelved
September 14, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-reviews
September 14, 2015 – Shelved as: net-galley
September 14, 2015 – Shelved as: review-requests
October 5, 2015 –
47.0% "Some thoughts...clever, funny, witty, charming, swoony...can beat that with a stick!!"
October 6, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reviews