Stacee's Reviews > By Your Side

By Your Side by Kasie West

Kasie West is an auto-buy for me, so I downloaded this book after screaming when I saw it. I went in only knowing that the MCs were locked in a library.

I love love loved Autumn and Dax. They're so different and so similar and I loved reading them together. I also really loved Autumn's family. It's so rare to see present and positive parents. I love that they were open and listened to her. And the banter between Autumn and her brother Owen was some of the best.

This was a lot angstier than other Kasie books and I wasn't expecting that. There's an entire different plot point that took me by surprise. At first I wasn't really into it, but by the ending, I could see how it forced Autumn to grow and speak up.

As always, the ending was perfection and left me wanting more more more. I can't wait to read this one again.

**Huge thanks to Harper Teen and Edelweiss for providing the arc in free of charge**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By Your Side.

September 13, 2015 – Shelved
September 13, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 30, 2016 – Started Reading
September 30, 2016 – Shelved as: edelweiss
September 30, 2016 –
39.0% "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING."
September 30, 2016 –
64.0% ""I drove my mom's car from the end of the street to the driveway when I was thirteen." • "Wow. That's impressive." • "I hit two mailboxes." • "Or not..." <---- snorts"
September 30, 2016 –
72.0% "That statement is too much pressure and total fucking bullshit."
September 30, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
September 30, 2016 – Shelved as: will-read-this-authors-grocery-list
September 30, 2016 – Finished Reading
October 17, 2016 – Shelved as: present-and-positive-parents

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Essie (Midknight.traveller) Oooh this sounds interesting! I haven't read a single Kasie West book ... which one would you recommend I read first?

Stacee Essie • (Midknight.traveller) wrote: "Oooh this sounds interesting! I haven't read a single Kasie West book ... which one would you recommend I read first?"

Honestly, I really love all of Kasie's books, but The Distance Between Us will always be my favorite.

Essie (Midknight.traveller) Then I'm definitely reading that one first - thanks Stacee!