Michelle's Reviews > Open Season

Open Season by C.J. Box

liked it
bookshelves: 2015, mystery-thriller, library, reviewed

Dear Sheriff Longmire, please don't be mad at me for cheating on you with another Wyoming lawman. He meant nothing to me, I swear!

I was set up on a blind date with Joe Pickett, Saddleback Game Warden and family man. We had a good time. I mean, Joe is lawful good, to an extreme. He's a good husband, father, and morally in the right. Plus Wyoming is always a good time for an outdoors-lovin' girl like me. The mystery was solid and I will continue the series, but I think Joe and I will remain "just friends". My heart belongs to the more impulsive, mature, and headstrong Walt Longmire. He's the Wyoming lawman for me.

I just didn't get into Joe like I do Walt. Joe is a bit of a sad sack. I need my book boyfriends to be strong and confident. If you have ever read the Hamish Macbeth series, Joe reminded my of him. Likable, but not someone to fall in love with. Anyway, I will continue hanging out with Joe when I have some downtime, because why not?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Open Season.

September 12, 2015 – Shelved
September 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 22, 2015 – Started Reading
September 24, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
September 24, 2015 – Shelved as: mystery-thriller
September 24, 2015 – Shelved as: library
September 24, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 25, 2015 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Grace Tenkay "Dear Sheriff Longmire, please don't be mad at me for cheating on you with another Wyoming lawman." Ha Ha-- Perfect!

Marsha I enjoy both series, Longmire and Joe Pickett.

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Think I'm a one man woman. Can't find time for anyone but Longmire

Karen Gregory This is awesome! I love Walt too!!! I really am in love with Henry Standing Bear though. I do love Joe too, I love that you expressed Joe correctly, I agree, though I do feel I can be more than "just friends" with Joe. :) I loved reading this post!!

Michelle Henry!! Henry is the best. I'm two-timing Walt with Henry Standing Bear. Sigh. So much to love about Wyoming!

I am going to start the second book in this series. Maybe I will love him more in book 2. I'll keep you posted!

Karen Gregory I look forward to it!!

Ronda 😄😄😄