kariny v's Reviews > Bleed

Bleed by Dax Varley

bookshelves: arcs

*FREE ARC FROM AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

MY REVIEW

Miranda is an anomaly, her palms spurt out blood. Enrolled at a new school, she meets three other "gifted students" who can see the future, sin-eat and speak all the languages! But Miranda's new school has been nicknamed "suicide high" for a reason. Students keep committing suicide and it's up to these four to figure out why these kids are killing themselves.

Plot wise-wow! Super original! A person who shoots out blood? You gotta admit that definitely peaks your curiosity! I loved the mystery that kept going throughout the book. I kept asking myself why they kept wanting to die and who was behind it-was there even someone behind it in the first place?

Dax Vaeley is definitely an amazing writer with lots of talent! Her writing keeps you on an emotional roller coaster! I loved that there was alternating POV's so you really got to know each character individually! Sam has got to be my favorite! He's sweet and so hilarious i was laughing through almost all his dialogues! Xyan is the tough one-at first she gave the impression of a bully and i was quite wary of her but then i warmed up to her. The author keeps the suspense and twists going through the whole novel-keeping you on the edge of your seat and making you experience those nail-biting-ohmigod-what's-gonna-happen-next moments!

I just have to mention the violence in this book! AMAZING! It actually gave me chills and i loved reading it at night on my kindle with all the lights off (yeah i'm weird like that :P ) Vivid, is the only way to describe it-it felt like you were there watching the scenes unfold with all the details-just wow!

Overall a great read, for anyone who loves Christopher Pike and likes a bit of horror in there YA will absolutely love this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleed.

September 12, 2015 – Started Reading