Holly *Confessions of a Lit Chick*'s Reviews > Dead and Kicking

Dead and Kicking by Lisa  Emme

Thank you Lisa Emme for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have had my paranormal fiction craze - whether it be vampires, werewolves, witches and all the other cooky and the spooky. And I am extremely excited to tell you I loved this novel because it contained them all. It was an easy read and I couldn't put it down, okay I could, I mean a girl has to eat! But, the point is that I didn't WANT to.

This book reminds me of Hunted by the Others by Jess Haines, which is a massive compliment because I ADORE her series. So if you like that kinda story, you'll like this!

Harry, our heroine, is a kick-ass, witty and independent protagonist and I loved her, THANK YOU for finally banishing the uses of wimpy heroines in fiction! She has a gift, which gives her the ability to see ghosts, and makes for some fun moments which had me giggling like a school girl.

I don't want to give too much away, other than there's plenty of action, drama, investigating and betrayal.

I wish there were more heated moments with a certain hunky hero! I'm crazy from the sexual tension, yet I'm excited to see where Harry's relationship leads, those hot kisses and bedroom eyes are haunting me! And by God I hope it turns into a sexy, sizzling, lust fest in the next book, just give me a chapter of them giving in to their desires, or two, or three, give me something, please!!!

Total fan-girling over this potential relationship and series, can't wait to learn more about the characters!

I want/need more information on Nash the sexy detective and Salvador the tempting vampire, I feel there are more to their character's and this wasn't achieved in the first book. I hope to find out more in-depth things about them through out the rest of this series. (reason for the 4 stars)

NOTE: THIS WAS NOT A LOVE TRIANGLE, YOU ARE SAFE!

Emme has written a book which is the start of a promising series. I loved the twist at the end!

I will be reading the rest!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Kicking.

September 11, 2015 – Shelved
September 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 15, 2015 – Started Reading
September 15, 2015 –
10.0% "I love a witty heroine with a power!"
September 15, 2015 –
10.0% "I freakin' love a feisty, take no prisoner, heroine! Damnnnn girl! You tell him with that cutting wit!"
September 15, 2015 –
50.0% "Ooooooo it's getting good now! Kicking some serious butt! Zombie butt!!!!"
September 15, 2015 – Finished Reading