Brooke Bryant's Reviews > The Madness of Lord Westfall

The Madness of Lord Westfall by Mia Marlowe

12532061

Pierce, Lord Westfall is privy to everyone's thoughts. Once commited to Bedlam by non other than his family, he was saved by Lord Camden and the Order of the Muse. Lady Nora is a courtesan with some secrets of her own. They are drawn to each other despite how dangerous it could be.

This was a decent read. I did find it very annoying how much they tossed around the word "courtesan". We got it; Nora was a courtesan and so was Vesta. It was also annoying how much Westfall thought of her as one too, and as well as Nora with her constant knowing how much men liked things (though she rarely put it to use. They both often flip flopped as well. For instance, Nora told herself that she would not think of him as Pierce, despite what he wished and how it would be better, but a page later, she's correcting herself and calling him Pierce. This was the second in the series and I was interested in reading the first one, featuring Lord and Lady Stanstead, but I will confess that I was decidedly turned off by his ogling of Nora within the first few pages, and again with Vesta. Once I got past those little annoyances, I did like the story and plot. It's not often I've had the chance to read a fantasy/paranormal regency, so this was a nice twist and I will be reading future releases.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Madness of Lord Westfall.

Started Reading