Gretchen (About That Story)'s Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Julie Kenner

bookshelves: 2015-reads, romance, arc-read

This was pure soap opera goodness, a definite guilty pleasure! Great introduction to the series!

This was just full of everything that keeps you hooked and on the edge of your seat. So much angst and intrigue. Lies, affairs, deceit. So much deception and a ton of secrets. Tons! There is a pretty big cast of interesting characters - to many to mention - I think I might need a chart to keep everyone straight. Some of them are real stand outs and I have a million questions. There are a lot of different connections between the characters and a ton of depth, it definitely leaves you wanting the next episode.

Excellent writing that pulls you in. There was a lot going on with lots of details. I thought it was very fast paced with a ton of intriguing stories lines being introduced... I'm going to need a map to connect the dots. It’s a great intro but it's a lot at once to take in but I think it's a great foundation of what's to come. Waiting for the next book is going to feel like a really long commercial break!

Awesome kick off to this exciting concept of story telling. Love the idea if a series and episodes. :-)

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.

September 10, 2015 – Shelved
September 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 20, 2015 – Started Reading
September 21, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads
September 21, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
September 21, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-read

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by DW (new)