Miriam's Reviews > Rescued by the Ranger

Rescued by the Ranger by Dixie Lee Brown

Sep 10, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, suspense, uniform, 2015-reviews

I can't tell you how grateful I was when I discovered this story wasn't complicated. Of course, I had to get to the end to realize that, lol. I love a complex storyline but sometimes a girl just wants to sit back with a book and enjoy the simplicity of it.

Garrett and Rachel's story was simple with a couple of twists and turns that needed to be clarified and/or solved. The first was Garrett figuring out why his mother "abandoned" him and his brother and coming to terms with that. The second was figuring out who Rachel's stalker was, how he managed to find her despite her countless attempts to disappear, and drawing him out to end the madness.

While the two story lines might seem impossible to connect, Ms. Brown did a great job of bringing them together at the beginning, entwining them tightly as the story moved on, then unraveling them at the end. This is a great story, to me, with enough suspense and action that did not detract from the romance between Garrett and Rachel.

Oh, and if you're looking for hot and heavy and nakedness by the halfway mark, you'll be disappointed. This isn't that kind of romance. Garrett and Rachel do get there, and the sex is sensual, but it's not the focus of the story. Their relationship and their goals (his mom and her stalker) are.

Well-written with engaging characters this was an enjoyable and fulfilling story for me that I'm most likely going to read again.

3.5*
(Received from Edelweiss via Tasty Book Tours for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescued by the Ranger.

Started Reading