Cali's Reviews > Bleed for Me

** spoiler alert **

Bleed For Me

Michael Robotham

Personal Response-

I really ended up reading this book because I decided to read it after it was sitting on my bookshelf getting old. As I started reading it I was a bit confused to later found out I read the first book of the series first. This book is really good though and I like it because it’s full of so much detail and mystery. I like books that can grab your attention and make you guess what is going to happen next. That’s why I really liked this book.

Summary-

Joe O’Loughlin was an ordinary guy of sorts. Unlike every guy, Joe took a career in the Court as well as his wife had. Joe had a way with people that he could easily call bluffs and get into one’s head to make them speak the truth they try to hide. Joe O’Loughlin had many previous cases and this one is based on a girl named Sienna Hegarty.

Sienna was a fourteen year old girl who loved school, especially Drama class, including, Mr. Gordon Ellis the teacher himself. Mr. Ellis was the type of guy who would listen to his fellow students as the counselor should have. Sienna felt she could only talk to him so she would. Over the days Sienna got asked if she could babysit Billy, a son of Mr. Ellis’. She took it, mostly because she never wanted to be in her own home. Sienna was sexually abused by her father so she could never be alone in her house with him. Sienna did have a blade, due to her self harming. However during the search of the house it was gone.

The case started after somebody killed her father. Sienna, being the only one there, was suspected as the murderer so she got taken into a hospital for her own safety. Joe went to see her, he tried talking to her, tried getting things out of her. He took the case because his daughter, Charlie, was a friend of hers.

He took it easy on Sienna. He didn’t make her talk when she didn’t want to, he was nice with her. Over time, she grew on him and talked to him. Next there was a series of scenes. The court grew with fury and things took forever to get done while Joe was at stake of losing his wife, his children, his whole family.

Eventually things got to the point and things started to get done, until there was nothing left of that case to do.

Recommendation-
I recommend this book for people who enjoy mystery but also can handle more adult things. This book is about rape and sexual abuse so if you can’t handle it, I would suggest not reading it. Thank you, Cali.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleed for Me.

September 9, 2015 – Started Reading
September 9, 2015 – Shelved
September 18, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Cali I never read any other books of the series and started with the fourth book of an eight book series.

Such a clutz,
Cali

message 2: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Scherwinski Ha! Dork!

Cali Ouch