Moon Love's Reviews > Wet

Wet by Ruth Clampett

4.5 stars!

I love the cover of this book. I was expecting a story that was more erotica than romance, not just from the cover, but also the title, and the blurb. I can't tell you how surprised I was to start reading and realize this book was a little bit of everything, and added all together it was great!

I was warned this book was much hotter than any of Ruth Clampett's previous books. I wasn't worried about that, because high levels of heat don't bother me. Instead of getting an erotic romance, I got a romantic comedy with erotic tones. It was somehow equally spicy while retaining this sweetness one doesn't expert when erotica is thrown into the mix. Of course this sweetness came from Paul, a recovering sex addict.

I can't tell you how much I loved Paul's character. I mean he's this built and well hung man who has struggled in the past and come to the realization he can't have sex until it's meaningful. He's also close to his family. The thing I loved most about him was how honorable he was. I know how hard he fought to maintain the tenuous control he'd gotten over his life. I really loved how he was with Elle and enjoyed seeing him grow and mature.

I love Elle too. She's beautiful inside and out. She's the wild one in their non-relationship. I knew from the first moment she and Paul met that she'd challenge him. I also knew there was more to her than met the eye. Elle may be this beautiful successful woman on the outside, but she has her own issues from her past she has to deal with. I loved how adventurous she was.

I think the biggest and best surprise is the story itself. It's told exclusively from Paul's point of view. Plus the fact that it takes all these unexpected turns is a bonus. This isn't your typical story featuring a recovering sex addict and someone who wants sex all the time. There's humor but also a touch of seriousness with all of the heat as well. I loved Paul's interactions with his family. They simultaneously made me laugh and groan. Elle and Paul were both delightful and frustrating. The amount of heat they have off could probably power a car, but watching them dance around each other was entertaining. They just couldn't get it right. Something or sometimes someone would get in the way of their being anything except friends.

Wet was a delightful surprise I couldn't put down. I flew through this book and wouldn't mind reading more about Paul and Elle, and maybe even Paul's single brother. I do know that Ruth Clampett did a fantastic job with this book because I will be going back to read her previous books. If her writing is anything like that in Wet, they're sure to become new favorites of mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wet.

Started Reading