Emelie's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Jan 05, 2011

Read from May 07 to 20, 2012

Update 12-05-21, finished reading: Wow. Absolutely 'wow'. Spectacular. City of Heavenly Fire, I'm coming for you...

Before reading CoLS (and this applies to CoHF as well)
How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Wait. A. Whole. Year. For. This. One? !!!!!!!!! I want it so badly, right now!

If - and it's not very likely to happen, but IF - the world ends in 2012, and this one has not come out, then I'll be so pissed that even the zombies, or demons, or Mother Nature, whatever, will shit their pants in fear of me. I'll be THAT pissed. You better watch your sorry ass if you plan to end the world for me before I've had a chance to read this book.

I, for one, think it's going to end in some supernatural way. Either it's zombies - which I probably fear the most, since I'm shit-scared of zombies - or it's demons. Pick one. Yes, it probably sounds very weird that I'm sickly scared of zombies, but they'd still shit their pants if they decided to end the world before I got to read 'City of Lost Souls'. Hm, ain't that confusing. Let's see it like this. I'm scared of them now, but if you get me pissed enough... then you better start running.

2012-01-05
Oh. My. Fucking. God. THAT COVER IS EPIC!!!! Okay, so I still don't picture Clary like that... and it's the same for City of Fallen Angels (obviously, since it's the same model), but Jace... oh, Jace... he is something special, isn't he? Lovely! :D Yes, I like it... if only a bit rougher around the edges, then I'd be perfectly happy :D Bu awesome! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

05/09/2012 page 67
13.0% "Exciting as always :3" 2 comments
05/10/2012 page 163
30.0% 2 comments
05/14/2012 page 223
42.0% "OMG, Simon and Magnus... laughing my ass off xD"
05/17/2012 page 387
72.0% 1 comment
05/20/2012 page 411
77.0% "Part three, here we go! *Super Mario voice*"
03/26/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Kristin What is it about you and the prospect of everybody shitting their pants in this review? Or supposedly, that yoou yourself will in some way shit your pants? You my dear are indeed obsessed by shit, and that scares me shitless.

message 2: by Emmy (new) - added it

Emmy haha. i wit ya sister
i am so mad. i mean like 2012!!! that is just some bad BS right there

Emelie Kristin wrote: "What is it about you and the prospect of everybody shitting their pants in this review? Or supposedly, that yoou yourself will in some way shit your pants? You my dear are indeed obsessed by shit, ..."

Oh dear... it's a figure of speech! But hey, it's true? Wouldn't you shit your pants if a motherhugging zombie came straight at you, wanting to chew on you? oO'

Emmy wrote: "haha. i wit ya sister
i am so mad. i mean like 2012!!! that is just some bad BS right there"

Mah, the world ain't going to end... they just want to freak us... so I guess it'll never be a real problem. I'm just saying IF :3

Kristin Well... I probably would.. But I would do it with style!! I would shit my pants, with style! Oo'

Emelie Indeed, you would! It would be as epic as Dean and Asia doing the HEAT OF THE MOMENT! :D Damn, I love that song... I've created a playlist on spotify with old school rock's from Supernatural :D

Kristin Hmm I shall subscribe to it! :D

message 7: by Pack-it-up (new)

Pack-it-up I don't know...My sister and I have been arguing which is scarier, Zombicopolypse, or Raptorcopolypse...as in, verociraptors...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

If any of you like being spoiled I'm planning on gathering the current spoiler for city of lost souls and posting them on good reads, so if you can't wait for the book please check them out on my city of lost souls review, thanks

Emelie Pack-it-up: yes, Raptorapocalypse... not such a nice thing either, eh? I wrote this review a couple of months ago though, I am not as afraid of zombies anymore... I seem to have admitted that I am more afraid of monkeys than of imaginative creatures.. xD Raptorapocalypse, I shall add that to my list of apocalypses XD

Sns: Thanks, but I prefer not to be spoiled before reading the book :)

message 10: by Pack-it-up (new)

Pack-it-up @sns, I don't mind being spoiled...so long as it doesn't give away the whole plot- Gimme!! XD

Maria Duran HEll yeah... you go girl!... I think the same as you.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

@sns, I don't mind being spoiled...so long as it doesn't give away the whole plot- Gimme!! XD haha okay! if you type in city of lost souls and find my review i have most of the spoilers :)

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Jenna I seriously laughed for 5 minutes after reading this.

Emelie Jenna wrote: "I seriously laughed for 5 minutes after reading this."

I am happy to make others happy xD

Kassandra Perdikouli i dont know you but i couldnt agry more!!!!! i am opsesed with this books and if the world ends and i havent read the last 2 book i will go CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Kassandra Perdikouli sorry books :)

message 17: by Ashley (last edited Jul 12, 2012 01:59PM) (new)

Ashley I just watched the trailer for this book, and it scared the shit out of me. I didn't ever picture Sebastian like that. Like..Woah.

message 18: by Sage (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sage its not coming out until 2014. :(

Emelie I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW D: City of Heavenly Fire, Y U NO RELEASE EARLIER?! O__O

Gentry... I don't think I've seen the trailer O__O GIVE ME.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

does jace no clay was nearly raped, honestly I don't see why people love Simon more than the others

message 21: by Drew (new) - rated it 5 stars

Drew I agree with you. I can't wait a whole year to read what happens next. On the prequels I suppose.

Joshalyn Walters Omg!! I so understand how u feel!!

message 23: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby OMG loved the city of lost souls. It was amazing. Second fav in the mortal instruments.