WTMO Words Turn Me On's Reviews > For Life

For Life by Debra Kayn

Sep 08, 2015

I can’t even express how excited I was when I saw this book was ready for release. I ABSOLUTLY LOVED the first book, and Debra Kayn has not disappointed me with this one!

Chapter one of this book is the last chapter from book one. I think that is great because often times, by the time the next book in a series is released, I’ve forgotten bits from the first story. (What can I say I read at least 5 books a week.) So this was a good chance to become reacquainted with the story. Cam is having a hard time now that he is out of jail. He doesn’t understand the relationship that has formed between Merk and Christina and Christina doesn’t understand why Cam is so upset, they are just friends (um hum). Anyway this causes a lot of tension between Cam and Merk and Cam and Christina, plus it’s hard for Christina to trust Cam again after having left her for a year and a half. Needless to say there is drama.

Jeromy has grown and matured while Cam was away, which makes Cam proud. Christina wants him to stick to his promise to tell Jeromy the truth, Cam cares for Christina and wants to make her happy, but he doesn’t think that is a good idea. He takes some steps to alter the outcome of this situation; one can only hope it turns out the way he wants.

“Don’t ever leave me or you’ll end up dead.”

I’m not sure what to say other than I LOVE THIS BOOK, great plot and wonderful writing. I won’t say I agree with everything that happens, but that’s ok. When I can’t put a book down regardless if I agree with the direction the author takes the characters, I know it’s a well written story. Cam is a complex man. He cares deeply for Christina and would do anything to make her happy, but on the other hand he is a cold hearted criminal, with plans to get what he wants no matter how he has to go about it. How can she justify both parts of Cam and accept him for who he is and love him regardless? Did I mention that I LOVE this book? I am sad to say that there is only one more book for Cam and Christina, His Crime. Thankfully this book has already been written, so unless this author is a sadist, I shouldn’t be left hanging too long. She mentions at the end of the book that these are not cliff hangers. Miss Kayn I HIGHLY disagree!! You have me on the edge of my seat wanting to know the fate of the characters. I give this book 5 stars with 3.5 hands down the pants. MMMMM can’t help but love Cam Farrell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Life.

09/08/2015 marked as: read