Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends's Reviews > More Than Music

More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs

ARC provided in exchange of an honest review

Review original post:

book review: 4.5 stars!!

Well, with this book, I definitely claimed the title FREAK since, the first day that I started it, I reached the 70% of the book in less than 6 hours. Crazy, huh? Tell me about it!!!!

From the first chapter, I was deep deep into this story and without realizing how much time had passed, I was over the half of it. I was reading and reading and reading with hardly any break. I was just flowing with it and couldn’t stop. So, that’s what had me so hooked with this story:

The love story: Oh God! What can I really say about it? Great is the first thing that comes to mind, and really, I can’t find a better way to describe it. The way Jared and Maddie interact, communicate and transform from friends and band-buddies to lovers in a matter of few weeks, is really captivating. I saw – with the bookaddict meaning of course – how, while discovering and learning more about each other, they were discovering, also, more about their own self. There are so many ups and down and so many unexpected moments that I just kept reading. And, let’s not forget the necessity of keeping this relationship a secret for more reasons than one. So, combining all these, you get a love that is special and hot and can’t walk away.

My eyes followed the dark hair that trailed down his stomach and under the towel. Please let that towel fall, I thought. I’d never wished for something so hard in my life.

Characters: each one is a wonderful creation that blows your mind completely. They had it all. Funny, emotional, hilarious, sad, heart-broking, determined, full of love. Their hearts are made of pure gold. And who can resist gold? It was really amusing to see how they were interacting and communicating with each other and the others around them. I never knew which way each of these moments was gonna go. The unexpected indeed!!

“You two are disgusting.”, Hector said, making gagging noises. “Seriously, get a room.”, Kyle said. “Oh, I plan on it.”, Jared kissed my neck in the spot he knew made me crazy.”

Laughter: you will probably wondering with I named this category like that. So, the explanation is pretty simple. Because there wasn’t a moment – ok, except some more emotional ones – that I wasn’t crrrryyyiiiinnngggg from laughter. And it was from those fall-off-your-seat-and-your-stomach-is-hurting laughter. And the proof of that statement, exist just below the collage where there is one of my top favorites parts of the book! Just read it and you’ll see my point! (go to the link)

The place: one of the main things that made this story so intense. The fact that they became part of a music reality show where they had to follow its rules to a T, just took everything into a new level. Also, it was one of the reasons why Jared and Maddie HAD to keep their love down and no one knowing about it. But, Life finds always a way or ways to reveal the secrets that the humans try to hide. And afters she does? You can never know where it will take you.

Elizabeth Briggs wrote an amazing story with lots lots of music and love. And dince I’m a complete sucker for the stories that include everything that has to do with music, there was NO WAY to not read it! Her lovely selection of the songs, the INCREDIBLE choice of instruments – especially the guitars – and how she was describing their part in the story, made me feel like I was living it. I can’t wait to read the Hector’s story because I bet it will be equally awesome! Besides, we’re talking about Hector, which means you won’t get anything less!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Music.

September 8, 2015 – Shelved