Anto Butera's Reviews > The Seacrest

The Seacrest by Aaron Paul Lazar

did not like it
bookshelves: had-to-give-up

DNF at 65%.
I tried to stick it out. I truly did. But in the end I just couldn't keep wasting my time with this.
Here's a short list of some of the things that drove me to give up:
-Young Finn was such a girl. It was all flowery feelings and overthinking every single little detail. It got repetitive and boring really fast.
-The dialogue was weird, wooden and unrealistic. All I did was keep thinking 'who speaks like this in real life'?
-The whole bit where she was all secretive was useless. It was completely obvious the teen girl and the older girl were the same person. And what reason did Finn have to assume that Libby was poor?
-The whole thing felt really slow.
-This book kinda reads like something written by a overly enthusiastic embellisher, who's also a teen girl.
-Up to the point I read, it was all so pointless and meaningless. And I couldn't muster any interest on what happened to the characters.

I just don't know who the intended target audience was for this book. For someone young it' just so boring, and if the reader is older everything feels so childish.
Maybe someday I'll decide to finish it, and hopefully it'll prove to be better than up to the point I got to.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seacrest.

September 7, 2015 – Shelved