Moriah's Reviews > Blackmail Boyfriend

Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris  Cannon

*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

Haley Patterson was appalled when she walked into school Monday morning with rumors that she had hooked up with Bryce Colton. Bryce Colton—golden boy and rich kid—and she had definitely not hooked up with him. Haley spun Bryce’s bought of mistaken identity in her favor and bargained that he had to be her fake boyfriend for three weeks to show others guys that she was datable. Come on, three weeks isn’t that long! Wrong!

I loved that this book took place in such a short period of time. So much happened from the moment that Haley walked into school, learned about Bryce’s latest hook-up, and struck a bargain with him to salvage her reputation. This book had a One Tree Hill air about it, and everyone knows I love that. One of the main character’s name was even Haley! There was Nathan, too, but he was the best friend of Bryce.

Haley had an infectious spirit. She was your regular farm girl and lover of all furry creatures. Growing up with two brothers had taught her how to hold her own, and she wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. She and Lana had a wonderful friendship, and I’m curious as to if friendships like theirs really exist. One of the best parts about Haley was that she didn’t let things like money interfere with her opinion of someone. She didn’t let Bryce’s expensive clothes and cocky attitude deter her.

Blackmail played an integral role in this story. The game that Bryce and Haley played to try and get the other to crack was entertaining. Bryce just wanted her out of his life, and Haley wanted someone—anyone—to see her in a new way. Being stuck at the hip meant an inevitable attraction, but they were polar opposites. It took a lot more than attraction for them to work as a couple. There were multiple times when I wasn’t sure if a happily-ever-after was in the cards for them. It was what I enjoyed so much about Lana and Nathan’s relationship. They were the balance that Bryce and Haley needed, the calm to their storm.

A quick read and an irresistible romance, I can’t wait to read more books in The Boyfriend Chronicles.

Follow A Leisure Moment

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram | BlogLovin | YouTube | Itunes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackmail Boyfriend.

September 7, 2015 – Shelved