Dee☾'s Reviews > #scandal

#scandal by Sarah Ockler

did not like it
bookshelves: dnf

When I saw this book I thought it would be a bit more interesting and an easy contemporary for me to enjoy. I picked it up finally as an attempt to get me out of my book hangover over Queen of Shadows...But within the first couple pages I was already not a fan of the writing or the characters. I couldn't connect with them at all. The writing felt all over the place and seemed like it was just trying way too hard bringing in pop culture references. It was too much for me and I can't do it. Also, everything felt so cliché. I read the last couple pages just to see who actually did post those photos and let me tell you...predictable.
I'm really disappointed I didn't like this at all.

Full review posted on my blog, The Bookish Khaleesi

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read #scandal.

September 7, 2015 – Started Reading
September 7, 2015 – Shelved
page 12
2.88% "If you were sick and couldn't go to prom why would you even want your best friend to go with your bf in your place?! That's so bizarre to me"
page 99
23.8% "This principal is straight out answering Facebook messages to her mother while in a meeting with a student?"
page 118
28.37% "Wth is with this new lingo? I'm confused. Also, the writing seems to be all over the place."
page 147
35.34% "And now she's ranting about The Walking Dead. I do actually love that show..."
page 202
48.56% "This book is trying too hard to include pop culture references."
page 270
64.9% "DNF at page 270. Can't do it."
September 7, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 1, 2017 – Shelved as: dnf

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Who did post the photos?

Dee☾ BurchBookLovers wrote: "Who did post the photos?"

(view spoiler)