Jodie's Reviews > Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

bookshelves: amazing-book-covers, genre-contemporary, genre-romance, genre-ya

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

I'd seen this book a couple of places online and was dying to read it because c'mon, that cover is spectacular! So beautiful and yet understated with an interesting blurb to match.

Unfortunately, I read Everything Everything directly after re-reading the Throne of Glass series, so this felt simple and quick in comparison to the intense fantasy realm I'd just stepped out of.

Despite that, this story held its own. It's a super quick read with short snappy chapters that are interlaced with graphics that really yank you into the story. I really felt for Maddy and her mother and their entire situation.

This book really struck a cord with me because I read it while I was holidaying in Vanuatu - the subject matter made me realise how incredibly lucky I am that I've never had to live my life in a bubble. I'm fit and healthy and that is something I think everyone takes for granted too much.

I suppose the only thing I didn't like about this book was the travel element. I'm a big traveler in life, but I don't like books where characters go on holidays or road trips. They always start to read like guide books to me.

But aside from that, this was a great debut. It was a really great little read that helped me get over my Queen of Shadows book hangover! I especially loved the twists!

My Verdict - 4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything, Everything.

September 6, 2015 – Shelved