Melanie P. Smith's Reviews > The Reluctant Rancher

The Reluctant Rancher by J.D. Faver

Sep 06, 2015

bookshelves: reviewed

Interesting and fun Western Romance...

I purchased this book not knowing it was the second in the series but I was able to follow along just fine. There was enough backstory that I wasn’t confused at all. It works well as a stand-alone novel.

EJ has reluctantly returned to this small town to ensure the success of his father’s ranch. It is clear from the beginning that he doesn’t want to be there and the town doesn’t really want him there. He is judged by his father’s bad deeds by almost everyone, including the sexy town vet. After an awkward night on the town both Jenna and EJ realize they have misjudged each other. Soon afterwards a relationship slowly begins to develop. Suddenly returning to the big city and his shallow friends doesn’t hold much appeal for EJ. The quiet beauty of his father’s ranch and the irresistible vet are much more appealing. But when trouble develops, will they both survive? I don’t like spoilers so you’ll have to read for yourself to find out.

This book has it all, romance, murder, suspense, cattle rustling and kidnapping. The characters are well developed and likeable in spite of their flaws. It was a fun, quick summer read and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a western romance with a suspenseful twist.

Melanie P. Smith

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Rancher.