Kelli's Reviews > Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

bookshelves: audio

I'm not cool enough to do Twitter (I suspect I'm appearing less cool by the second here...is it use Twitter? Do Twitter? Tweet? Whatever!! I'm old!)...my point is, I'm not sure how I even heard of this book, but I am so, so glad I found it. I cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard. The audio was fantastic. I'm pretty sure anyone who saw me at the Y today has solidified their opinion that I must be a total lunatic. It was that funny!
This dad is an enigma: clearly brilliant, yet seemingly unable to string together three words without using profanity. He seems like an angry curmudgeon, yet in almost every story there is strong evidence that he adores his family. The title is incredibly apropos, as this dad says the word shit or discusses bowel movements almost constantly. I questioned for a minute whether a child could grow up normal with all these pearls of wisdom being angrily spat at him, laced with profanity...but he seems very well-adjusted. I bet you just acclimate.
This audio was just what I needed after many heavy reads. I laughed a lot. I'm not sure what that says about me but that's it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sh*t My Dad Says.

September 6, 2015 – Shelved
September 6, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 16, 2015 – Started Reading
September 16, 2015 – Shelved as: audio
September 17, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Pearls of wisdom? or of something else? Great review as per usual Kelli!

message 2: by Candi (new)

Candi Sounds fun, Kelli! Great review.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Oh, I think you're cool!

Kelli Thank you!

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Nice review, Kelli. I really want the audio for this one. I've had too many heavy reads lately so this would be perfect. Did you watch the tv show? I think it only had one season?

Kelli Never saw the show but this audio is so funny! Enjoy!

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra “whatever!! i’m old!” lmaooo

Betsy Robinson I'm on a never-ending quest for funny books. Thanks for the review, Kelli. I hope it's as funny reading as listening. I'll check it out.

message 9: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie Funny lady, such a cool review! I have no idea either what verb precedes Twitter!

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Great review! I can always use a laugh out loud (LOL) book! Don’t ask me about Instagram or Snapchat! This is an audiobook that I couldn’t stop laughing and again it probably isn’t for everyone!
The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World by Eric Weiner

Kelly (and the Book Boar) If you like this one, I highly recommend I Suck At Girls . . . and also the television show Surviving Jack if you can find the old episodes online somewhere : )