☮Karen's Reviews > Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

bookshelves: nonfiction, read-in-2016, nook, favorites

I needed  a light, funny read to help me deal with some sadness, and this helped. I don't usually find funny books funny (I'm looking at you Seriously... I'm Kidding), but this was an exception.

The author's dad is quite a character.  He just tells it like he sees it without a second thought or regret, never censoring himself, that's for sure.  His language--a**hole, bullsh*t, and the f-bomb are used constantly-- might offend some delicate ears, but so be it.  If the f word offends you, you may want to sit this one out; but really, come on. Deep down, the guy's got a heart of gold and these snippets of family life are well worth a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sh*t My Dad Says.

September 5, 2015 – Shelved
September 5, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 5, 2015 – Shelved as: nonfiction
January 8, 2016 – Started Reading
January 9, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
January 9, 2016 – Finished Reading
November 16, 2016 – Shelved as: nook
December 8, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Diane S ☔ Okay sold me, going to have to get this one. Thanks, Karen.

☮Karen I hope you do like it. There were so many lines i wanted to quote but they all concerned sh*t and a**holes, so I held back.

message 3: by Angela M (new) - added it

Angela M I'm adding it too !

☮Karen Stephanie wrote: "Great review , Karen!! Going to add this for when a good laugh is needed!!"

Thank you, Stephanie.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen I'm not getting my updates in my feed so glad I came here to see this. Great review Karen. Sounds like a regular dinner conversation in my home .... :O

☮Karen LOL Thanks, Jen. Yes, my updates are now coming at 5:30 PM instead of AM.

message 7: by ❀Julie (new) - added it

❀Julie Great review, Karen. I'm glad to hear it helped with your sadness. Sometimes it's just good to have lighter books for those times.

message 8: by ❀Julie (new) - added it

❀Julie Sounds like a regular dinner conversation in my home .... :O"

Lol!

☮Karen ❀Julie wrote: "Great review, Karen. I'm glad to hear it helped with your sadness. Sometimes it's just good to have lighter books for those times."

Thanks, Julie. Agreed. I read a lot of dark books, this was a welcome change.