Melanie P. Smith's Reviews > The Beginnings

bookshelves: reviewed

The Huntress
By Nadja Losbohm
(Four Stars)

I won a copy of this book several months ago and wasn’t sure what to expect from it. I was pleasantly surprised. This book has it all…monsters, conflict, romance and friendship. Ada has had a difficult life. In this first installment to the series we do not find out exactly what has happened to her, only that it led her to her destiny. She is a huntress and her calling in life is to eradicate monsters and vampires before they can harm the humans. To help her achieve this goal, she finds herself under the care of an ancient priest.

This is where the story gets interesting. Ada is instantly attracted to the not so charming and extremely stoic mentor, but Father Michael’s is obviously off limits…or is he? Huntress and mentor are forced to live together, first while the priest teaches Ada how to fight and then out of necessity. To make matters even more interesting, Ada decides to enlist the help of a local journalist. This story is a fun and intriguing introduction to what I’m sure will prove to be an entertaining and adventurous series. I would definitely recommend it to others. However, to date only book 1 is available in English and it does leave the reader wanting more. I truly hope Ms. Losbohm decides to translate the remaining installments in the near future. I look forward to learning how the story of Ada and Michael progresses and how they overcome what seems like an insurmountable obstacle in the near future.

Melanie P. Smith
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beginnings.