Sarah Whisted's Reviews > A Wonderlandiful World

A Wonderlandiful World by Shannon Hale

bookshelves: books-i-own

Warning: Contains Spoilers

I'm torn with what rating to give this book to be honest because I LOVED it SO MUCH! And really hated the ending. Not like, dissatisfied with the actual ending. The story comes to a proper close. But the whole sleeping and forgetting everything that happened bothered me. Those characters grew SO much throughout this horrifying adventure and while there are still pieces of their growth evident in the end after the forgetting, I would have liked to see them have that to remind them why they changed. And also, how awful for Maddie to always have to hear and know things everyone else just writes off as her being "mad." :/

The actual story itself moved so fast, full of intensity and wonderlandiful craziness. As a super fan of all things Wonderland, I could barely be bothered to even put the book down for a bathroom break. Lizzie especially is a character that's only lived on my radar because my BFF loves her so much, but this book made me see exactly why and just WOW - Lizzie rocked in this! It's just sad to see that no one remembers theses girls heroic effort in the end. It would be one thing if it had all actually been a dream, but knowing it was real and that it's just been erased from their memories disappoints me.

Still, the book was great and does close properly, and I'm still super eager to read the rest of the books already released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wonderlandiful World.

September 5, 2015 – Started Reading