Linda's Reviews > Take a Risk Bundle

Take a Risk Bundle by Robin Bielman

Sep 04, 2015

bookshelves: romance, contemporary

A perfect blend of sweet and hot romance, intrigue, humor and heritage preservation!

“If I stay, it’s going to be in your bed.”
Her pounding heart relaxed, the fear that he’d reject her floating away like tiny grains of sand in the wind. “I know.”
“And we’re not going to sleep.”
“I’m good with that, too.”

The TAKE A RISK BUNDLE by Robin Bielman combines all four novellas that have made up her Take a Risk series - one of which was previously unpublished up till now! Each of the stories in this heartwarming series have had an interwoven conservation message within the sweet and hot romance. They each work well as standalone stories, if that is your preference, while they share the theme of love and of heritage preservation.

This anthology includes the first-time release of ONE NIGHT OF RISK with an awesome epilogue that does a great job of wrapping up all four novellas with a pretty tidy bow. All the heroes and heroines from the previous books make an appearance in the epilogue. Did you hear my contented smile? It wouldn't have been a more perfect ending.

I have previously reviewed the first three novellas on our blog. You can find those reviews by following the links to them below:
Book #1 - WORTH THE RISK - 5 Wine Glasses http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...
Book #2 - RISKY SURRENDER - 3.5 Wine Glasses http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...
Book #3 - HIS MILLION DOLLAR RISK - 4.5 Wine Glasses http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...

This review will be for Book #4, ONE NIGHT OF RISK. It's the story of former Navy SEAL and security expert Clay Doherty and his childhood sweetheart, Malia Davis. As the story opens, we learn that Malia's mother is very sick and Malia has returned to Kauai, her childhood home, which is near a protected temple to harvest a healing peridot crystal to take to her mother. Malia did not expect to find her former boyfriend staying in her home and working as the World Heritage Fund's chief of security at the shrine.

Ten years ago, Clay and Malia were young and hopelessly in love. Then, Clay, believing Malia deserved better than him, walked away in a misguided move to give her the life that was her due. Clay never thought that he would run into the girl who haunts his dreams every night again. Now, a decade later, fate has bought them both back to the lush Hawaiian island that holds so many memories and they've been granted another chance.

The tale started a little slow, but quickly snared my interest once the romance ignited making it impossible to put it down from that point forward!

My full review is posted at Reading Between The Wines Book Club. Please check it out here: http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...

4 1/2 Wine Glasses!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take a Risk Bundle.

Quotes Linda Liked

Robin Bielman
“Everything I've done and everything I've learned is so I can be worthy of you”

Robin Bielman
“Still following the rules, huh?" He grabbed his shift off the back of the kitchen chair and pulled it on.
"Still breaking them?" she fired back.”

Robin Bielman
“My date the next night brought a sock puppet with him. A. Sock. Puppet. And he talked to me with it"...
"It completely freaked me out," Kalani continued. "I made it through drinks and that was more than enough. I told the guy it was a good thing he had one good hand left because if this was his usual MO for dates, he was going to need it.”

Robin Bielman
“His dimples should come with an advisory label: Will cause hearts to flutter and panties to spontaneously combust.”

Robin Bielman
“I want to be in the water with you again, nani girl." Her knees went weak and trembles raced down her spine. Beautiful girl had been a special nickname only he used.”

Robin Bielman
“She put her hands on her hips. "You're not human."
"Neither are you."
"I beg your pardon?"
"Ethereal comes to mind.”

Robin Bielman
“Busted," she said. "You pretend to be all rough and tough, but on the inside you're a big softie."
"I guarantee you there is nothing soft---”

Robin Bielman
“Tell me you're bare underneath the dress."
She gulped. "I'm bare underneath this dress."
Gently dropping her arms back to her sides, he slid his finger down the center of her chest. Tingles shot out from the tips of her breasts and gathered at the base of her spine, between her legs. "Tell me you want me as much as I want you," he said, his voice husky.
Never had she imagined doing something as reckless as sleeping with a guy for one night. But this wasn't any guy. And it wasn't just about her getting off--God, how she needed to do that. It was about closure. Saying goodbye on her terms. It might be a bad idea, but it was the best bad idea she'd ever had.
She dropped the panties and put her hands on his chest.
"I want you.”

Robin Bielman
“I want to go slow, baby, I really do," he whispered at the side of her neck. "But I'm not going to be able to this first time."
"Thank heavens.”

Robin Bielman
“When I'm inside you, buried so deep I'm the only thing that exists in your world, that's when I'm not going to go slow. It's going to be fast and hard because I'm going to lose my mind.”

Robin Bielman
“Hurry," she breathed. "I need you to fill me up."
"Baby, I'm gonna do more than that.”

Robin Bielman
“Sex does a body good."...
"I suggest a daily dose then.”

Robin Bielman
“I'll never look at cake the same way again," he whispered in her ear.”

Robin Bielman
“If I stay, it’s going to be in your bed.”
“And we’re not going to sleep.”
“I’m good with that, too.”

September 4, 2015 – Started Reading