LJT's Reviews > Pretend It's Love

Pretend It's Love by Stefanie London

Sep 04, 2015

​​​​​I adore "relationship of convenience" romances and Pretend It's Love by Stefanie London is a wonderful addition to the trope. This book draws you in immediately, and the engaging story continuously captivates with each and every moment. The two primary characters, cocktail inventor Libby Harris, and bar manager Paul Chapman, have amazing chemistry, and their relationship is replete with desire, compassion, and inspiration. Ms. London is a new to me author, and I can't wait to read more of her work.

After carefully deciding that being a physician is not her cup of tea, Libby uses her expertise and instincts to create a line of vodka infused cocktails, geared toward the female population. All she needs is a distributor to get her product out there. Paul has a connection, his older brother Des, who just happens to own one of the trendiest bars in town. Libby needs Paul to help get her business off the ground and Paul needs Libby to save him from his overbearing family, who wants to see him married with children. A gorgeous woman on his arm will also help Paul get through Des's wedding next month, where he will have to deal his ex-fiancee, who cheated on him with his cousin, and is now married and pregnant. A favor for a favor is what they both need to reach their goals, and move past their previous relationship heartbreaks.

I loved this sweet and sexy story. Ms. London evolved the strangers to lovers relationship with transparent finesse, and there was never a moment that I did not want Libby and Paul to find their forever together. Libby and Paul are a unique couple and their sexy times are both sensual and hot. Libby's father was quite a character, with his nonyielding notions and lack of understanding. My heart broke for Libby, each and every time her father let her down. If you are looking for a fun, well-written book with characters that are easy to connect with, then add Pretend It's Love to your TBR list.

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretend It's Love.

Started Reading