Heather's Reviews > The Murderer's Daughters

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers

Jan 03, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from January 14 to February 06, 2011

First I would like to say that I won this book in a Goodreads contest and I am so thankful for the chance to have read this book.

This story starts out with two innocent children, Lulu and Merry, who are soon driven into a nightmare. Their father, who has been previously kicked out of their house by their mother, persuades Lulu to let him in. Lulu had no idea that when she opened the door just what her father would do. In his drunken rage he kills the girls mother, tries to kill himself and tries to kill Merry.

After this betrayal by their father the girls are living a life of horror. They are shipped around from family members and then sent to live in a home for girls called Duffy. Lulu takes it upon herself to take care of Merry and do whatever she has to just to get them out of Duffy.

I don't want to give anything away, but this story is an emotional roller coaster from the very first chapter. It takes you through thirty years of Lulu and Merry's lives and how they survived being the daughter's of a murderer. One child feels the need to push their father away with everything she has and to pretend that he doesn't exist while the other holds onto him in the name of duty because he is their father.

I gave this a 5/5 stars because it truly was an astonishing book, I loved every minute of it and I feel that others will too! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murderer's Daughters.

01/14/2011 page 1
0.0% "Just received in the mail today! :)"
show 3 hidden updates…