Luke Blackamore's Reviews > Library of Souls

Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

it was ok

Despite all the amazing reviews, I felt no connection with this book. I really enjoyed the first two where as from the start of this one I couldn't get into it. I found myself disinterested with the characters. I also felt that the pictures didn't add anything to the story and I wouldn't have missed them had they not been there, whereas I really felt they added to the atmosphere of the first two books. Probably my biggest disappointment of the year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Library of Souls.

September 2, 2015 – Shelved
September 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 5, 2015 – Started Reading
October 10, 2015 –
page 62
13.36% "I found the other two a breeze, but anyone else struggling with this one?"
October 16, 2015 –
page 200
October 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Gervan (new)

Gervan That's a real shame. I like the concept of this trilogy but idk, I feel like it's just really gimmicky and that's what people are attracted to.

message 2: by Flor (new)

Flor I'm liking it

Sarah I'm on page 130, and I'm struggling to get into it. I devoured the first two in a day, and I'm on day 3 of Library of Souls, slogging away. I've read so many reviews that say the ending is great, so I'm going to push through. But every thing is a distraction...I just can't seem to get lost in this world.

Luke Blackamore Sarah wrote: "I'm on page 130, and I'm struggling to get into it. I devoured the first two in a day, and I'm on day 3 of Library of Souls, slogging away. I've read so many reviews that say the ending is great, s..."

Totally what I found Sarah! Sad times :(

Faroukh Naseem Agree with you. How could anyone stand Jacob whining all the time is beyond me. 'I can't do this' 'I can't do that' 'old Jacob was this 'new Jacob is that' blah blah blah. Irritated me to no end. It took me like 2 weeks to finish this. Unnecessary book. Would've concluded the story in 2 books.

LeAnne: GeezerMom I kept seeing the third Indiana Jones movie near the end - the library of souls sounded just like the interior of the faux Petra where the Holy Grail was found by Indie. Way too much high drama.

Luke Blackamore LeAnne wrote: "I kept seeing the third Indiana Jones movie near the end - the library of souls sounded just like the interior of the faux Petra where the Holy Grail was found by Indie. Way too much high drama."

Totally agree leAnne! Good analogy haha

Caroline not..
.. i loved this book maybe yall just need to get into it (and get aa life)

Alexandra Ugh just finished this and I was totally bummed by the ending. It was just too "convenient." And the whole "electronic mail" thing? Seriously, it was like he didn't even try to think of a more creative way to tie all the ends together. It made me so angry! So I'm totally with you, good book but disappointing :(