Lauren's Reviews > The Reaper's Kiss

The Reaper's Kiss by Abigail  Baker

9920920
Sep 01, 2015

As a fan of grim reaper based novels, I knew I had to grab The Reaper’s Kiss when it popped up on my Netgalley list. Baker has delivered an interesting and unique tale. Ollie is part unsuspecting hero and harbinger of death. Her dystopian and urban fantasy world is filled with unique creatures of the death variety. Her normal day job of death marking victims with her beautiful skull tattoos turns into suspicion and a life on the run. Add in fallen rebel Brent and you’ve got a hot little story with the right balance of paranormal and romance.

As much as I liked the unique premise of this book, I did have some dislikes. I felt like Ollie and Brent’s relationship was a bit rushed and at times unbelievable. Once their lives hit the boiling point, they go from teetering on the edge of romance to full blown passionate love. The only other portion of the story that felt off to be was the beginning was a bit slow and didn’t immediately catch my attention like I would have liked.

Dislikes aside, The Reaper’s Kiss is complex and unique enough that for most fans the aforementioned dislikes won’t seem as bad. Baker has a knack for writing vivid imagery to the point you feel as if you’re watching the story unfold on TV rather than reading words on a page. As the story progresses, the ending throws you for a loop and will leave you wanting more. I honestly can’t wait to dive into the next installment. I have also gone back to the drawing board about a tattoo idea for me. No skulls!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reaper's Kiss.

Started Reading