Siobhan's Reviews > The Unraveling

The Unraveling by Hugh Howey

Hugh Howey writes his stories in such a way that you either buy many little sections to make up the whole book or (you do what I do) you wait until the entire collection is possible in book format. There is nothing wrong with this, I merely find it difficult to review each individual section as, for me, the whole is worth more than the parts.

So, with that in mind, here is a review of the collective for you (so you can make a decision about whether the Wool trilogy is right for you):

I wasn’t quite sure what I expected with this book considering all the great comments that have been made about it, in all honesty part of me was expecting to be disappointed. I think the comment that had me expecting the most was when the book was called the next Hunger Games, as whilst the Hunger Games trilogy was not my favourite series there is certainly a very large fandom which leaves you expecting great things. With that in mind, I think I can safely say that this is the best dystopian series I have read. In fact, I think it is the best trilogy I have read in a while.

From the very start the book is filled with action, events playing out at a great rate, the action never ending. All the characters are really well developed and for once we’re not dealing with a group of teenagers stuck inside of the dystopian world: we’re given fleshed out adults, those who have been stuck in this world for years and are now seeing the world for what it really is. Honestly there is so much that could be said and yet I fear if I say too much I will soon start spoiling things for people. Believe me when I say that once you start reading it you will be gripped, picking up one book and then the next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unraveling.

Finished Reading