Cassandra Wilson-Sparks's Reviews > Pocketful of Sand

Pocketful of Sand by Michelle Leighton

Sep 01, 2015

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I listened to this right after Strong Enough by M. Leighton, so I had Leighton books back to back. This was not a bad thing at all. I was able to see some of the variety that she has the ability to write. It is always nice to see that an author can go in multiple directions. Pocketful of Sand’s synopsis mentions that this is an epic love story, and is sure is! This isn’t your typical romance novel where everything just clicks into place and everything is peachy. It is not a light-hearted, feel good type of book. Pocketful of Sand is as real of a love story as you can get! In this story, there are situations that are hard to read/listen to and even harder to live. People do have to live through situations like this though, so as hard as it was to listen to them, they were as real as you can get in a book. The story line was very good and the dual narration was great. Anyone who knows me and my audiobooks, knows that I love multi-narration audio, especially if done well. I know that anyone who gives this book a shot, and can take the rough situations for what they are, will love it! I give this book 5 SHINY STARS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pocketful of Sand.

Finished Reading