Kit's Reviews > The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire

The Eternal Kiss by Trisha Telep

Jan 02, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, anthology
Read from January 14 to 19, 2011

This was a very interesting book, with a nice sampling of vampire tales. A very good read.

Falling to Ash by Karen Mahoney * * * * *
I've never heard of this author before, but her short story has left me wanting more. This story depicts an encounter between the son of a vapire hunter, and a young vampire compelled (by her creator) to steal something at the hunter's residence. It had multiple elements that could have out me off, but she wove them in with ease.

Shelter Island by Melissa De La Cruz * * * *
This is a side story to the True Bloods series is intersting, though not up to par with the majority of the series. It tells what happened to Dylan during his absence from NYC. (This story is also in The Keys to the Repository.)

Sword Point by Maria V. Snyder * * * * *
I very much enjoyed this story which has vampires and fencing! I did not know this auther previously, but I must see what else she has.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black * * *
Not a bad story. This is the tale of a girl trying to resist vapirism. She sacrifices to save others, and uses the consequences as a lesson to others.

Undead is Very Hot Right Now by Sarah Rees Brennan * * * *
This tales shows a Boy Band with a vampire. It's not exactly what I expected, but I enjoyed it.

Kat by Kelley Armstrong * * * *
The only other thing I've read by this author was the Hunting Kat story in the Kisses From Hell anthology. This story comes before that one, and I enjoyed them both. Kat is a supernatural due to scientific manipulation, and she has a vampire guardian.

The Thirteenth Step by Libba Bray * * *
The setting is a rehab center in a bad part of town. The catch, of course, is vampires... This is a fairly enjoyable story.

All Hallows by Rachel Caine * * *
I'm not a big fan of the Glass House series, but this side story is ok.

Wet Teeth by Cecil Castellucci * * * *
A vampire makes a new friend in a coffee shop. The writing is nice, but the ending was a little abrupt.

Other Boys by Cassandra Clare * * *
I absolutely adore Cassandra Clare! The Mortal Instruments Series and the Infernal Devices series are both fantastic! Having said that, this story about a first date between a vampire teenager and a human teenager leaves a little something to be desired...

Passing by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié * * * * *
The setting for this story is the final exam for a group of vampire hunters-in-training. Somebody please tell me this is a side story for an ongoing series!!! I want more!

Ambition by Lili St. Crow * * *
After being betrayed by her rich best friend, a poor girl encounters a creature of the night. This is an interesting story with a dark ending.

All Wounds by Dina James * * * * *
A young girl's brush with the supernatural sheds some light on her heritage, and her interest in healing. This is another great story that leaves me wanting much more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Kiss.

message 1: by Kit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kit Jahlia wrote: "I think the debbie and the other author's story is continued in the cursed series."

thanks for the tip!