Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Tempted by a Vampire

Tempted by a Vampire by Susan Griscom

Our review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle:

Just in time for Halloween, we get a new vampire read. But don't expect just your dark and dangerous, it's sexy as sin, as well.

Cian DeMarco is a smoldery rockstar vampire living in San Francisco, playing with his band The Lost Boys (a group of vampires). His creation is a bit tragic, but his life is not. He loves the current age, his quiet, unassuming existence, doing what he loves in the city of his soul. Until he meets Magdalena and realizes there could be so, SO much more... He realizes there was something missing in his life and she's it.

Magdalena De la Rosa has a douchey boyfriend, but has temporarily left him behind to pursue her dream in San Francisco with her best friend. She's kind of let people walk over her a bit, even if she has taken the initiative to go and live her dream. When Cian enters her world, she begins to realize that sometimes you just can't plan for things. Sometimes they just happen and in the strangest of ways. And sometimes...it's worth it to throw caution to the wind. I will admit, I didn't like her at first. I thought she was a bit naive, but as the book continued, I saw her strengths immerge. I saw the lightbulbs go on and her decide to grab the reins.

Magdalena and Cian's relationship is full of tension. Slightly from within, of course (I mean he's a vampire, she's not sure how she feels about that, and they just met, what the heck do these irresistible feelings all mean!?), but more so from without. Cian's estranged maker is back and she wants "her boys"--Cian and his brother--back. And she's just crazy enough to do whatever it takes to get them (I mean seriously crazy!), and Maggie's stalker-ex has some major territorial issues and causes his own brand of trouble.

A thrilling and sexy thrill-ride. If you like your vampire fiction, I definitely suggest Tempted by a Vampire. Admittedly, there's nothing overtly unique about it (slightly difficult in a market that was saturated a handful of years ago with vampire paranormal romance), but in its own right it's exciting--likable characters, a titillating romance... And it's well done and well-written (plenty of quoteworthy moments!)

I think Susan has created a series that fans will be excited to jump into again and again (I know personally, there are some side characters that I am desperate to learn more about!). Go ahead, get tempted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted by a Vampire.

September 1, 2015 – Shelved