Jen's Reviews > Magic Strikes

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Jan 01, 2011

bookshelves: x-read-in-2011, my-favorites

(view spoiler)

I have to agree with everyone else here - this book is by far the better of the series :) WOW!

SO MUCH went on in this book - I really liked the Midnight Games thing - that was a great way to defeat the bad guys -

I was a little bewildered by the magic jungle on Unicorn Lane - it just didn't seem to fit in with my idea of this book - and the creatures that lived there. It seemed like a little TOO much for me - these creatures that are too weird for a description ... but it did work out :)

In this book - Jim go AWOL - Derek has a secret and Kate is suckered into helping without them letting her know what's going on - She isn't happy about it either.

When she finds Derek in messy situation - which leads her to getting hurt herself - Jim has no choice but to bring her into it.

The Midnight Games is Forbidden from Curran - no shifter of any type is allowed to set foot in the arena - Luckily Kate isn't a shifter though .. right :)

Derek is hurt beyond repairs and they're afraid for his life - they have to get into the Game's to find out why his body can't shift and heal itself - if Derek wakes up in too much pain - he is at risk of going Loup (crazy) and Curran would be forced to put him down ...

We learn a lot about Curran in this book - well not a LOT - but we do get a better idea of how his mind works - did you know he's been the Beast Lord since he was 15 years old!!!! Talk about a HUGE Responsibility from a kid! WOW - totally changed my way of thinking of him though - He needed to grow up really fast - so now I can see why he is as strict with his rulings as he is. It makes sense.

We also learn a little more about Kate - her past - my questions were answered from the first book review I did - along with a few others that I didn't know I had.

The Midnight Games takes place - I laughed so hard at their first battle - (view spoiler)

Anyways - I'm going to be starting the 4th book this morning - I stayed up way too late last night and day light savings had me up way too early this morning - so I'm not going to be finishing it tonight - but I'm excited to jump in - 5th book comes out in May --- tick tock tick tock :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Strikes.

January 1, 2011 – Shelved