Brigitte 's Reviews > Life After the Undead

Life After the Undead by Pembroke Sinclair

bookshelves: fiction, horror, zombies, ya, arc

Krista is waiting for the school bus one morning, when she witnesses one of her fellow students being savagely attacked by other students who are acting somewhat strangely.

Here begins the "zompocalypse" from Krista's point of view. Her father goes to investigate and when he doesn't return, her mother goes looking for him and Krista finds herself alone.

She comes across a group who agrees to take her on board once assured that she is not infected! They end up in a community run by five families who offer food and shelter in return for assisting with the chores but nothing is what it appears to be.

Liet, Krista's cousin is in command of an "army" and he runs another compound where he is trying to erect a fence to keep the zombies out. Again, nothing is as it appears. Then there is Quinn who just happens to offer assistance with the supply of provisions to Liet.

The cities are overun by the zombies and nowhere is safe. The other problem
is that the humans are not trustworthy, some using fear and lies to take control of the populace.

This story is fast paced and once I got past the initial gruesome attack,
I just wanted to keep reading. It's fast paced and action packed. I like Krista's compassion and determination to help those being subjected to harsh treatments. Quinn is a lovable and skilled character who is full of compassion too. I like the way his friendship with Krista develops and how they care and look out for each other and others!

This is only the second book, I have read about zombies and I would recommend to those who like hard to put down dystopia graphic novels.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life After the Undead.

August 30, 2015 – Started Reading