Daria's Reviews > Leo

Leo by Celeste Prater

bookshelves: bdsm, 2015-5-starred-rating, arcs, manicreader

~ARC recieved by the author in exchange for my honest review~

What can you say about an author that has been one of your favorites for sometime now. There as never been a book of hers that I’ve not liked. Mostly she as stuck to the Sci-fi alien theme, which as so worked for her. Now this ~Three Dimensions~ a contempory/BDSM themed story a new adventure for Celeste, that I think she nailed. If you don’t have hands on experience in the lifestyle, write it like you do (smiles).

Story line is smooth and active, long book but well worth the reading. I simply loved Jillian watching her grow was amazing not only with those around her but herself, there was a time or two she tried to walk the curvy road but she found her way back to the road she need to walk. Leo well well, loved is confidence as well as his patience. He took small steps into introducing a newbie into the life style. A firm hand but a loving caress, the BDSM scenes were mild granted but I think well written, mention what is good for some may not be ideal for others, soft/hard limits and safe words. The biggest is how he kept checking on how she was doing.

The air of mystery in both Jillan’s client and Leo’s job, situations that can’t be talked about and we both know how that can be in a relationship. Meeting Jillians mom brings me to my favorite saying too bad we cant choose our parents. A bit of danger, a damsel in distress, some word fudging and half truths. All makes for a pretty awesome read and I’m glad that I was given the chance to read Celeste’s newest adventure. I recommended whole heartedly. Enjoy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leo.

Started Reading
August 30, 2015 – Shelved
August 30, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 30, 2015 – Shelved as: bdsm
August 30, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-5-starred-rating
August 30, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
August 30, 2015 – Shelved as: manicreader
August 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Prater Daria, you have NO idea how much your review and this fantastic 5 Star response to my first foray into the BDSM D/s theme means to me. Like you said, "If you don't have hands on experience in the lifestyle, write it like you do." That very line made me the happiest. For you to find this a rewarding and enjoyable read puts me ‘over the moon’. I didn’t fail you (shoulders dropping in relief). I have no experience, but I researched, researched, and researched some more to make sure that I showed how the lifestyle is something rewarding and beautiful between two consenting adults. I learned a lot through my continuous hunt for the truth. I put myself in Jillian's place and imagined how I would want an introduction to play out. I had many a 'fan my face moment' and 'skittering happy chills running across my flesh' at just the thought of ever encountering a Leo. :-) My next jump for this trilogy regarding the ‘three divisions’ of BDSM is Bondage and Discipline (Tanner). After that, S&M (Spider). Again, your feedback has me smiling like a loon. Big hug!!! :-) xoxo

Daria Celeste wrote: "Daria, you have NO idea how much your review and this fantastic 5 Star response to my first foray into the BDSM D/s theme means to me. Like you said, "If you don't have hands on experience in the l..."

I've been in the lifestyle for awile, not as active as I want. but for me its forever learning, because the experiences can be vast. It means alot that you took the time to research and didn't do the easy cookie cutter version. This review is my honest and indivual thoughts on what I think you did and that was a job well done. I look forward to Tanner and Spider's stories.

message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Prater :-D xoxo