Priscilla's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Jan 01, 2011

Read from January 01 to 03, 2011

Wow! Watching the movie was one thing, but reading it is completely something else! I wish I didn't watch the movies first >__< Or should I say, I wished I read the books first!

My first impressions:
1) I didn't realize how humorous some parts of the book were! Albus Dumbledore, you're definitely off your rocker; but I LOVE IT!
2) The friendships, and interaction between all the characters are great. I love the love/hate relationship going on between Ron and Hermione.
3) Harry is a spunky kid isn't he? For a 11 year old he really knows how to hold his own. Well done sir!
4) Neville Longbottom. What can I say? He's the true hero, isn't he? :)
5) Love The Mirror of Erised chapter.
6) Quidditch is amazing. Can I be a Beater?
7) Excellent writing. Great setup for the rest of the books!

Check out my full review here: http://thereadables.tumblr.com/post/2...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

01/01/2011 page 88
09/08/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Richard Denney hope you enjoy it! :D

Sally Hope u enjoy the HP books

Mika Yay! \o/

Priscilla Thanks guys!! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm about to order it... I don't know what's stopping me

Richard Denney glad you enjoyed the book :)

Lara I'm so happy you liked it! We all knew you would ;)

Catherine glad you enjoyed it!! The books only get better!

Melissa See Yay!!!! You liked it! :)

Priscilla Thanks guys!!! I can't believe it just get's better from here?! XD It'll be crazy!

Courtney oh its amazing alright. the 4th book and the 6th are by far my faves. glad you're enjoying them!

message 12: by Logan (new)

Logan Wait a minute, you want a be a bludger? The ball that beaters throw at people? That's interesting. :)

Priscilla Logan wrote: "Wait a minute, you want a be a bludger? The ball that beaters throw at people? That's interesting. :)"

Haha. How embarassing :P I meant Beater ;) Fixed

Minishiva Dumbledore is one of my favorite characters too along with Snape and Lupin. I love his quirky sense of humor and how wise and understanding he is.Can't wait for you to see how his relationship with Harry develops through the series.And yeah, how cool would it be if we could play quidditch?!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading the Sorcerer's stone :O I love it so far!

Priscilla Minishiva wrote: "Dumbledore is one of my favorite characters too along with Snape and Lupin. I love his quirky sense of humor and how wise and understanding he is.Can't wait for you to see how his relationship with..."

AHH.. I can't wait to see how big of a role Snape plays :-O

Thanks!!!

message 17: by Tulsi (new) - added it

Tulsi going to read it write now but myself a copy

message 18: by Tulsi (new) - added it

Tulsi bought myself spelling error

message 19: by Grace (new)

Grace i know right

message 20: by Kandes (new) - added it

Kandes Haha yea.. Dumbledore is definetly a lil crazy in the books, in the movies he's different. I watched the movies first as well, I wish I read the books first!

Kareena We're having a Harry Potter marathon :) Check it out if you want: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Audrey Terry Now you're in for the long haul! Once you start this series, you can't put it down...then before you know it it'll be over and you won't know what to do with your life anymore haha.

Maria Victoria Sanchez I can´t belive you didn´t read this before!

message 24: by Tone (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tone Wait, you seriously didn't read ot upon till now?

Brittni I am on book 5 right now and HAVE NOT watch the movies..I am so behind. I am not reading the booked then watching the movies and I must say I would probably be kind of confused if I didn't read the books first.

Sarah Audrey, you have expressed my feelings exactly!!!