Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Shimmer

Shimmer by Alyson Noel

Riley Bloom is at it again! I can't help but love this girl. She is so much like her sister. She ignores the rules and gets in a lot of trouble. But of course there is always a guy just waiting to bail her out.

What I like most about this book is the forgiveness sought out. Riley knew Rebecca was caught up in her own anger. You can't move own if you can't forgive. I love how Riley uses her own experiences to help Rebecca move on. She spoke to her carefully and lovingly.

Bodhi, I felt, did not give Riley enough credit. Even though she proved herself in the first book, he still treated her like a child. Riley grew up fast. She knew what she had to do and Bodhi held her back. Still Riley proved him wrong once again, but of course not without the consequences.

I like Rebecca. Her character had so much anger that you felt it. Rebecca just wanted the world to stop. She wanted everyone to feel her pain, to see what she been through. I could relate to her because I felt that type of anger before. It's unfair and its just hurts.

Once again, Ms. Noel wrote a fab book. It was a quick, fun read with great characters and real emotions. The book was easy to relate to and easy to feel. Her characters, her writing, and the plot were all good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shimmer.

January 1, 2011 – Shelved