Anita's Reviews > Louisiana Longshot

Louisiana Longshot by Jana Deleon

bookshelves: kindle-own, mystery-cozy
Read 2 times. Last read May 21, 2016 to July 13, 2016.

There are some books where you know, from the first page, that you are gonna love them. This is one of those for me. I read and loved the Mudbug Ghost-in-Law series and this one is just as good. There are 8 books in the Miss Fortune Mystery series and I am sure I'm going to read them all.

Fortune Redding made a big mistake on her last mission as a CIA assassin and her target put a big price on her head. Her boss, Director Morrow, thinks that this may be due to a leak in the agency. He is sending Fortune to Sinful, Louisiana to take the place of his niece, Sandy-Sue who needs to settle her Aunt Marge's estate. From the second Fortune lands in Sinful it is apparent that laying low is not going to be an option. That first day Bones, a geriatric hound dog, unearths a human bone on the property. It looks like the murder of a man that disappeared five years ago, the likely suspect is Marie, the dead guys abused wife. Marie is good friends with Ida Belle, Gertie and the deceased Marge. Fortune keeps running up against the local law, Deputy Carter LeBlanc, aka Deputy Charming. But the ladies are determined to save Marie and will do a lot to accomplish that. (less)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Louisiana Longshot.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
October 9, 2014 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
February 26, 2015 – Shelved as: kindle-la-county (ebook Edition)
August 29, 2015 – Shelved
August 29, 2015 – Shelved as: kindle-own
October 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 9, 2015 – Shelved as: mystery-cozy
May 21, 2016 – Started Reading
July 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy In my TBR pile

message 2: by Lakshmi (new) - added it

Lakshmi C Lovely review Anita :) The Ghost in Law series is on my TBR and I have this waiting on my kindle

message 3: by Anita (last edited Jun 20, 2016 09:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anita Thanks! I've read the Ghost in Law series and love them. Read Rumble on the Bayou first.

message 4: by Lakshmi (new) - added it

Lakshmi C Thanks for the tip Anita, I will look for it tomorrow :)

Anita I picked Rumble on the Bayou up from my library share rack. One of my favorites. Humor, romance and a little mystery.