Jacqueline's Reviews > The Crown's Game

The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye

liked it

3.25 /5 stars

Video Review: https://youtu.be/n14Lre-W30M

When I wasn't reading this book I was thinking about it and when I was reading it I was driven to read more of it to find out what was going to happen next. This book has an element of drama to it which I know people won't enjoy and even though it isn't a huge pro for me I did find myself enjoying that aspect. For some reason, this book gave me season 1 Reign vibes which was my obsession (before the awful thing called season 2 happened). Now even though I enjoyed the idea of the drama I definitely did not like the love triangle mess going on. That I found was completely unnecessary. Plus the insta love actually hurt because I was expecting the romance to be a little bit more developed. Nonetheless, I did really enjoy some other aspects.

A HUGE pro for my was the setting. I adored how passionate Evelyn Skye is about Russia and how apparent it was in this novel. The amount of research she put into it really made the setting something so special. Another pro I had was the fantastical elements involving the magic. It was easy to understand and I loved how it felt natural to the world.

Overall, I liked this book. I think the insta love/ love triangle lowered my rating for it BUT I did devour this book. I will surely be reading the sequel whenever it does come out because how can I not after that ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown's Game.

August 29, 2015 – Shelved