Sarah's Reviews > Firsts

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley.)

“Tonight, I’m doing Evan Brown’s girlfriend a favour. An awkward, sweaty, fumbling favour. Melanie, or whatever her name is, owes me big time.”

This was quite an interesting story about one girl and her de-virginising service.

Mercedes seemed to have good intentions by sleeping with boys so that their first times with their girlfriends were special, but I’m not really sure that she really thought things through fully. Thinking that people would never find out was maybe a bit naïve, and not considering the position she was putting herself in was a mistake too, its not likely that girls would be happy about her sleeping with their boyfriends.

The storyline in this followed Mercedes as her list of virgins that she’d slept with grew, and her rules slipped. I disliked how she didn’t seem to want a relationship with the one guy who might be good for her, and couldn’t help but feel sorry for Zach and the way she treated him. There was also one guy who I really didn’t like.

The ending to this was okay, although I have to say that Faye and Zach’s plan was beyond ridiculous.

7 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firsts.

August 29, 2015 – Shelved
September 11, 2015 – Started Reading
September 11, 2015 –
September 12, 2015 –
September 12, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Evgeny (new)

Evgeny Great review Sarah!